Wednesday 27 February 2013

Router Purchasing Guide


Ever have a problem with your internet and think that maybe it is time for a new router? I am at my girlfriend's place for reading week and I can’t get onto the internet. My laptop is connected but the internet does not decide to work. I can restart the computer or the router and it will work again only for another device to do the same. This means you need a new router.

When looking to purchase a router you should ask yourself the following questions: how many devices do I have connected at the same time, do you play video games on the computer or game console and do I stream from the internet or Netflix. These questions are important because they depend how much you spend on the router. One thing when it comes to routers, you get what you pay for. You will not be for quality (how long the unit will last), you purchase features and what it can handle.

Below you will find a list of what to look for in a router and terms you will come across. Happy hunting.

Signs of a dying wireless router:
  • When you keep unplugging and plugging it back into the power source
  • Wireless devices keep disconnecting
  • Everything is getting slower
  • The range isn't what it used to be



3 comments:

  1. I think I need a new router!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very helpful! I am learning so much from this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna: If you think you need a new router, you and I can go take a peak one lunch break and I'll help you out personally.

    Alexis: I'm glad your learning from my blog. It is intended to assist anyone's tech needs. If you have any questions feel free to email me and I'll make a blog post on it. After all, If your thinking it, I bet someone else is as well.

    ReplyDelete